Can you believe that it's Thursday again?! I was totally serious the other day when I complained about how fast summer is flying by. But... the Summer Olympics start tomorrow and I could not be more excited! Plus, I have a great pizza recipe for you guys (see below). Just a picture of pizza today, but you can follow along on Instagram all week long (KelseyHunter).
1) Okay, the Olympics are officially my favorite thing ever. Since I was a very small child, I have loved the Olympics, both summer and winter. I have actually cried at the end of the Olympics (more than once, but most memorably Lillehammer 1994 as Mariah Carey's "Hero" played during the final credits). Don't laugh. Anyways, as a former competitive swimmer, I'm obviously most excited about the swimming events, particularly the Phelps-Lochte duels in the pool! Do you have a favorite sport?
2) My mom (who you know as Kim) and my dad are moving!! They are heading to the D.C. area for my dad's new job! So excited for him and so excited to cheer on his new team!
3) You'll notice a little orange "e" button over there on the left hand side under the blog archive. If you're interested in learning more about Vemma, the amazing nutrition supplement that our family takes, you can click the button or email us (kandktestkitchen at gmail dot com) for more information!
3) All I have to say is I love Emily and Jef! The cutest proposal / couple ever. Boys, I hope you're all taking notes! I had a few girls over to watch the finale. We ate cheese and crackers, bruschetta, and mini key lime pie cheesecake (recipes to come soon) and we drank wine.
4) I ordered these Stella & Dot earrings in coral after a little Instagram request for help with colors.
5) Last weekend, I saw a Shakespeare in the Park production of "Henry V." It was pretty entertaining! And we had delicious pizza before the show.
6) I promised you pizza! This pizza uses yesterday's slow cooker jerk chicken and really ups the ante with pineapple. I inhaled this pizza and if I remember correctly, I ate my lunch early because I was so excited for the leftovers. The pizza has a mix of sweet, spicy, and salty. It is awesome!
Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Pizza1 pre-cooked flatbread crust (or make your own crust)
1 cup shredded slow cooked Jamaican Jerk Chicken
1/4 cup pineapple chunks, cut into pieces
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1/3 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the peppers and tomatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Brush remaining tablespoon of olive oil on the pizza crust. Sprinkle chicken, tomatoes, and pepper over the crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, then dot with pineapple chunks.
Bake for 12 minutes on 425°F. Let cool slightly, slice and serve! (Maybe with a bottle of Red Stripe beer :)