These muffins, though definitely not healthy, are a nice morning treat. (I used light sour cream at least though!) I think the consensus from the brunch bunch was that these muffins are yummy! Thanks to Anne for her help in the kitchen!
Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
from Beekman 1802
Softened butter for muffin tin
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt
2 extra large eggs
¼ cup canola oil
¾ cup sugar, plus extra for muffin tin
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter muffin tin and sprinkle each cup with sugar, being sure to coat all sides.
3. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugars, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup.
7. Bake 18 – 22 min.
8. When the muffins come out of the oven, melt butter in a saucepan.
9. In a separate bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar.
10. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush the tops with melted butter, and then dip into the cinnamon sugar mix.